Common Moodle login issues
· Cookies and firewalls:
Moodle also needs to know where a login attempt is coming from (i.e. the "referring page" or "referrer"). Some firewalls intentionally block this information. You should be able to override the firewall setting for our Moodle site (http://moodle2.cce.cornell.edu) without otherwise compromising your computer's security. (Note that the address does not begin with "www"!). Consult your firewall's tech support resources for instructions.
· I did not receive the confirmation email:
Check your emails spam or junk mail folder. Sometimes automated messages are automatically filtered by email programs and your confirmation email could be identified as spam.
· How to Reset Your Forgotten Moodle Password:
4. Follow the directions on the "forgotten password" page to search by using your Moodle username or the email address you used to create your Moodle account.
5. If Moodle locates you in the database, it will automatically begin the process of resetting your password by sending you an email (to the address on file for you in Moodle).
6. Check your email for the password message from Moodle. Remember that in some situations that message might be mistakenly routed into your spam mail folder. It will be arriving with the subject line "CCE Distance Learning: Change password confirmation."
7. Open the message and you'll see the URL you need to access in order to complete the process. It will look something like this:
8. You can click on the URL, or paste it into your browser.
9. After correctly accessing the full URL in your browser, Moodle will complete the reset of your password and send you a confirming email.
10. Check your email for the second password message from Moodle. Again, remember that in some situations that message might be mistakenly routed into your spam mail folder. It will have the subject line "CCE Distance Learning: Changed password."
11. Open the message and you'll see your Moodle username and reset password.
12. You can now use that username and password to log into the CCE Moodle site.
13. Note that the system-generated Moodle password will probably be ugly, difficult to remember, and tricky to type. Therefore, you will probably want to change your password to something more memorable.